Blessed Are Those Who Give
The Lutheran Home Foundation raises funds and provides philanthropic support that enables the Lutheran Home and Harwood Place to provide compassionate care and services to older adults. Each gift makes a difference. Your gifts will make it possible for us to:
- Deliver the best possible care for our residents.
- Make continuous improvements to our processes, facilities, and programs.
- Attract, develop, and retain the best employees.
- Share our expertise with others, leading the way to improving care for older adults everywhere.
- Fund future opportunities and ensure our long-term financial sustainability.
Giving opportunities include:
- Gifts for care and resident quality of life: Funding for specific spaces to gather, activities, and innovative technology and equipment.
- Gifts for facility upgrades: Funding for updating our campuses. Several projects are currently under way.
- Gifts for the greatest need: Unrestricted funding for our long-term financial stability that helps bridge the gap between Medicaid and the true cost of care.
Your support is a driving force behind our success.
As a 100-percent self-sufficient nonprofit organization, without your generosity, it would not be possible to meet the challenges we face today. Now more than ever your gifts make our mission possible. Did you know:
- More than 60 percent of the long-term residents living on our campus have outlived their financial resources and are relying on Medicaid (the government program that pays for medical care of the indigent) to pay for their care.
- Medicaid covers only a portion of the true cost of the care for these residents. The gap between the actual cost and Medicaid reimbursement is $125-$150 per day, per resident.
- In 2018 alone your support helped us to provide more than $11 million in unreimbursed charity care for our residents who outlived their resources.
Please join our mission by making a tax-deductible monetary donation today.
Gifts of in-kind items, appreciated stock, real estate, sponsoring and attending the annual Monarch Ball, and naming the Lutheran Home Foundation in your will or estate are other wonderful ways you can help. To make a donation, please do any of the following:
- Click the Donate Now button on this website.
- Mail a check made payable to the Lutheran Home Foundation to 8220 Harwood Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213.
- Contact us at 414-256-6836.
To learn more or for a personal tour of our campuses, please contact Heidi Mayer at 414-256-6836 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to show you how your donations will make a positive difference for our wonderful residents. It is our sincere hope that you will consider supporting our mission. Thank you!