We are excited to announce that beginning Monday, March 29th, we will be reopening for in-room visitation! For the safety of our residents, employees and visitors, and in accordance with the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, all visitors must comply with the following guidelines:
• All visitors must adhere to social distancing rules while in Harwood Place
• Visiting hours offered Monday through Sunday 8:30am-9:00pm
• There is no limit to the number of weekly visits, however residents will be limited to two guests in the apartment/suite at one time
• Guests will be required to sign in at our electronic kiosk and go through the screening process. Guests must wear the badge that prints after screening process is completed
• If guest fails the screening, they will not be permitted to enter
• All visitors must enter and exit through the main entrance
• All visitors to assisted living must wear a surgical grade facemask. Cloth masks and gators are not permitted. Resident must also wear a surgical grade facemask for the duration of the visit.
• Guests will be asked to stay in the apartment/suite through the duration of their visit.
• Guests are not allowed in common space other than access to and from the apartment, this includes the first floor, courtyards and lower level parking/storage
• The dining room remains closed to families, however independent living resident families may order meals and have them delivered to the apartment.
• Visitors cannot eat during their visit in assisted living, but the resident can.
• Pets are allowed but must be up to date on vaccinations and must remain in the apartment during the visit and on a leash.
• Children who are able to comply with social distancing and mask requirements are able to visit under adult supervision. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask.
• We ask that you use the hand sanitizer stations upon entering and exiting the building. Additional hand sanitizers are located at each elevator and outside of the assisted living suites
• 2 people per elevator at all times
• It is recommended that new assisted living admissions who are not fully vaccinated, or readmissions (out of the building for 24 hours or more), complete their 14 day quarantine before having visits.
• International Travel – guests will be required to quarantine for 14 days prior to visit
Assisted Living will no longer have scheduled visitation in our designated area beginning on March 29. If you have a visit scheduled, you can plan to have that visit in your loved one’s room. Please enter through the main entrance.
Visitation protocols are subject to change due to changes in our county’s COVID-19 positivity rate or if we have a positive case. All visitors will be expected to comply with these guidelines. Visitation will be suspended if a visitor is unable or unwilling to comply with these guidelines. Go to harwoodplace.org for most current visitation guidelines.