VISITOR RESTRICTIONS STILL APPLY
CMS and CDC directed ALL NURSING HOMES nationwide to restrict visitation of all visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end-of-life.
Lutheran Home staff are working hard to creatively keep our residents entertained while still social distancing and keeping residents in their rooms. Some fun and creative activities include Hallway Bingo, Hallway Trivia, Hallway music and Doorway Bakery. We continue our one-on-one activities that include virtual visits with loved ones, manicures, games and visits from Chaplain Derek and other staff. Residents also have access to individual activities like puzzles, crosswords, artwork and more. We have also started putting Chaplain Derek’s daily devotionals on the internal TV.
While our #1 priority continues to be the safety of our residents and staff, we also miss our families! Our recreational therapy department is working to get families in touch with their loved ones virtually. To schedule a virtual visit, please contact 414-258-6171:
- 3 East – Liz Stewart ext.374
- 3 NW – Tiffani Merten ext.282
- 2 NW – Julie Sharpee ext. 244
- 2 East – Shari Brzinski ext. 244
- MCAL – Rachel Payne ext. 326
- We are screening all staff at the beginning of their shift including for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- We have implemented active screening of residents for fever and respiratory symptoms. Residents are reminded to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
- All communal dining and group activities have been canceled.
Thank you for helping to keep the residents of the Lutheran Home safe. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding during this very difficult time.